A COMPRESSIBLE BIOPSY TRAINING PHANTOM THAT WON’T LEAK
The CIRS Stereotactic Needle Biopsy Training Phantom is a disposable training tool and practice medium for mammographic needle biopsy procedures. The phantom also serves as an excellent quality assurance device for stereotactic systems and should be used whenever a new system is installed or repaired to ensure accurate needle placement. The phantom can be used to perform the localization accuracy test in the American College of Radiology’s stereotactic breast biopsy accreditation program.
The phantom body is shaped to represent a partially compressed breast, and is made from a proprietary gel with a physical consistency similar to human tissue, surrounded by an elastic skin-like membrane. The material is easily compressed for optimum imaging. Embedded dense masses and microcalcifications vary in size and are colored for easy visualization. Masses and calcifications can be biopsied multiple times.
- Does not leak when punctured
- Contains various sizes of dense masses for biopsy
- Contains calcification clusters for visualization and biopsy
- Anthropomorphic shape for accurate simulation of breast compression
- Simulates needle resistance
- Physical consistency similar to human tissue
- Compatible with both stand alone and add-on stereotactic biopsy systems
- Works on digital systems