With CIRS now part of Sun Nuclear, we are collaborating to provide optimal Quality Management solutions for Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Therapy.
The Mammographic Accreditation Phantom (Model 015), is no longer being manufactured or sold by CIRS. We are pleased to offer the following suitable alternative from Sun Nuclear.
Meet Accreditation Requirements
The Mammo 156 Phantom helped establish the mammography repeatability and reproducibility standard for the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA). With this phantom, any technologist (radiographer) on any machine can provide the same image set to help detect breast cancer.
The phantom mimics breast tissue. It is a feedback mechanism that provides a framework for constant improvement in early detection and mortality reduction. Imbedded objects mimic breast diseases, microcalcifications, fibrous structures, and tumor masses.
- Required standard for image quality evaluation
- Measure and monitor mammography systems’ signal to noise, resolution and image quality1
- Simulate radiographic characteristics of 4.2 cm compressed breast tissue
- Quickly detect objects from 0.16 to 2.0 mm
- Includes 4 mm acrylic disc included to establish and monitor density differences
1 ACR Mammography Accreditation Program Testing Instructions (https://acredit.acr.org)
Product manufactured by Sun Nuclear; CIRS is now part of Sun Nuclear, a Mirion Medical company.