COMPREHENSIVE QA FOR MULTI-ENERGY CT
Multi-Energy CT offers a great improvement in advanced recognition, differentiation, quantification of human tissues and different contrast agents based on their linear attenuation at the different X-Ray energies. A Quality Assurance program using appropriate phantoms, is important to ensure accuracy and reproducibility for ME CT scanner performance.
The CIRS Multi-Energy CT QA (MECT) phantom is designed to assure accurate performance and consistency of Multi-Energy CT scans. The phantom facilitates evaluation of scanner performance allowing users to verify the quantitative accuracy of multi-energy scans, check for artifacts in an extended field-of-view and compare the consistency and stability across different scanners.
Our phantom features a series of 7 Iodine in water, 5 Iodine in blood equivalent inserts and 6 calcium in water equivalent inserts. All inserts contain a core target of Ø 10 mm inside Plastic Water® -LR for minimizing effects of “beam hardening” and can be positioned in 17 different locations within the scan field. In addition, a water vial plug that can be filled with any fluid. Blood, Adipose, Muscle and Water equivalent inserts are also provided. Inserts from the CIRS standard Electron density Phantom (model 062M/MA) can be used for extended testing due to their tissue equivalency of +/- 1% within a wide energy range.
Our phantom consists of nested disks made from CIRS Plastic Water® -LR, representing both head and abdomen configurations. Two 10 cm thick sections surround a 5 cm target section for proper scattering conditions.
A holder/support stand (062MA-30) that allows for adding additional sections from CIRS model 062 phantom and a soft carry case are also included with our phantom.
- Iodine, calcium, blood, & adipose inserts allow for testing tissue discrimination
- Verify quantitative accuracy & clinical protocols
- Verify performance reproducibility for a single scanner and across departments
- High accuracy in Iodine and Calcium inserts by minimizing “beam hardening”
- Allows for variable insert positioning
- Various inserts from CIRS 062M/MA can be used for extensive testing
- Imaging QA Phantom (CIRS 062QA-35) can be nested inside scattering section