QUALITY ASSURANCE AND E2E TESTING ON CYBERKNIFE® SYSTEMS
“Strict QA procedures for the imaging, planning and delivery of radiotherapy using respiratory
management devices are required to ensure the safe and effective use of test devices.”
The CIRS Model 18023-A Xsight® Lung Tracking “XLT” Phantom Kit and Model 18043 4D Planning “4DP” Phantom have been verified and validated by Accuray for use with CyberKnife systems and both are designed to work in conjunction with the Synchrony System.
- Use Xsight® Spine Tracking System for initial phantom alignment
- Display detected respiratory motion of tissue-simulated torso, lung tumor,
and critical structures with Synchrony System
- Execute E2E software analysis of the films (without CT number adjustment)
- Visualize 4D treatment optimization using the MultiPlan System
Xsight® Lung Tracking Phantom
The XLT phantom body represents an average human thorax in shape, proportion and composition.
- 3D anthropomorphic spine with cortical and trabecular bone, ribs, and lung lobes
- Lung Ball Cube Rod with tumor-simulating target and radiochromic film
- CIRS Motion Control Software enables true 3D target motion
- Independently controlled surrogate and target motion
4D Planning Phantom
The 4DP phantom can be interchanged with the XLT body and connected to the motion controller and platform.
- Modified phantom body with lung lobes and spine
- High-density Lung Ball Cube Rod with tumor-simulating target and radiochromic film
- Rotating (manual) trabecular bone-equivalent spine with film insert
Xsight® Lung Phantom Ball Cube Rod
The XLT and 4DP phantoms include a single dosimeter rod made from lung equivalent epoxy (of respective densities). It contains a spherical target that accommodates two pre-cut Radiochromic® films, and is easily connected and aligned to the drive shaft.
4D Treatment Optimization & Planning System
The optional 4D Treatment Optimization and Planning System on the MultiPlan System allows the user to visualize the effect of respiratory tissue deformation on the radiation dose isocontours and metrics of a treatment plan. As a result, treatment plan can be developed with optimized beam positions and weights based on respiratory deformation knowledge.
The 4D Planning “4DP” Phantom used in conjunction with the XLT phantom kit permits testing of this optional 4D Planning System on the MultiPlan System with the CyberKnife System.
For a quantitative review of dose calculations from the MultiPlan System:
- Export a DICOM RTDOSE file and evaluate the file using third-party software
- Export DICOM files from the MultiPlan System to the MultiPlan System PC using the global export tool in the MultiPlan System
- Make qualitative comparisons of the dose in the critical structure between 4D and 3D dose calculations using ImageJ