Quality Assurance for Small Parts Ultrasonic Imaging
- Detachable water wells allow for testing curvilinear and endocavity probes
- Ensure over ten years of reliable use through reinspection and repair services
Includes best in industry four-year warranty
The CIRS Small Parts Ultrasound Phantom features a compact design ideal for high-resolution imaging systems with limited depth of penetration.
Model 050 is made up of a proprietary tissue-simulating material called Zerdine® (1), which accurately simulates the ultrasound characteristics found in human liver.
A series of wire targets included in the Model 050 will appear as bright dots or lines on the ultrasound image. These targets are made from nylon with a diameter of 0.1 mm.
Our phantom also contains two known volumes, a 10 mm combination cyst-like/hyperechoic mass and anechoic focal lesions embedded within the phantom. These masses are made from Zerdine with a different contrast and attenuation relative to the background material.
Key Tests with Model 050
- Focal Lesion Detectability
- Depth of Penetration
- Beam Profile/ Focal Zone/ Lateral Response Width
- Vertical Distance Measurement
- Horizontal Distance Measurement
- Axial and Lateral Resolution
- Elevational Resolution
- Low-Contrast Target Detectability
- High-Contrast Target Detectability
- Volumetric Measurement Accuracy
- Dead Zone Assessment
(1) US Patent #5196343