Part of a Complete Solution as Described by AAPM TG128
- Designed for use with biplane transrectal ultrasound probes
- Ensure over ten years of reliable use through reinspection and repair services
Includes best in industry four-year warranty
A robust quality assurance prostate brachytherapy QA program is essential to ensure accurate image-guidance and dosimetry calculations. The CIRS Model 045A, offers a complete solution for implementing a QA program specific to transrectal ultrasound used for guidance of prostate brachytherapy, as recommended by AAPM Task Group 1281.
The phantom is made of CIRS’ proprietary Zerdine®2 hydrogel polymer, which has been formulated to provide tissue mimicking properties including compatibility with harmonic imaging. To maximize phantom lifetime, this gel is contained in a rugged ABS plastic housing with a Saran-based laminate membrane.
CIRS Ultrasound QA phantoms come standard with a robust housing, rugged carry case, 48-month warranty and user’s guide
Consistency Measurements with Model 045A
- Depth of Penetration
- Axial and Lateral Resolution
- Distance Measurement Accuracy
- Area Measurements
- Volume Measurements
- Geometric Consistency with the treatment- planning computer
(1) Pfeiffer, Douglas, et al. AAPM Task Group 128: Quality assurance tests for prostate brachytherapy ultrasound systems. Med. Phys., vol. 35 (12), pgs. 5471-5489, December 2008.
(2) US Patent #5196343