PERFORM SENSITIVITY & VELOCITY QA ON DOPPLER ULTRASOUND
The Doppler Flow Pump is designed to simulate blood flow in a tissue mimicking phantom, and may be used to perform quality assurance testing of Doppler ultrasound devices. The two most common tests are sensitivity and velocity accuracy, but a number of other useful tests are also described in the literature.
The pump is compatible with all ATS and CIRS doppler flow phantoms. A complete list can be found on the back of this page.
The Pump includes the following components:
- A peristaltic pump that provides flow rates at 0.4 to 750 ml/min, which translates to an average flow velocity of 2-70 cm/s. (Peak flow velocities will be 2-4 times greater than the average flow velocity due to the effects of laminar and pulsatile flow.)
- A fluid reservoir pre-filled with CIRS doppler fluid. Replacement fluid may be ordered separately.
- A pulse dampener that converts the pulsatile flow from the peristaltic pump into constant velocity flow.
- Convenient color coded tubing with quick-disconnect fittings
- Graduated cylinder for purging phantoms of doppler fluid after each use. Also useful for calibrating the pump.
- Pump-to-USB cable, allowing the pump to be programmed to mimic a human pulse. Instructions and examples are included.
- Used in conjunction with ATS Urethane or CIRS Zerdine Phantoms
- Max Flow Rate is 750 mL/ min
- Min Flow Rate can be as low as 0.04 mL/ min*
- Pulsatile or Constant Velocity configurations available
- Varying tube depths for peripheral and abdominal vessel simulation
- Doppler Fluid simulates acoustic and physical characteristics of blood
- All components stored in compact case for easy transport
*Actual values will vary depending on phantom used.