THE IDEAL TRAINING DEVICE FOR ULTRASOUND GUIDED PROCEDURES
The CIRS Ultrasound Prostate Training Phantom is a multi-modality disposable phantom developed for practicing procedures which involve scanning the prostate with a rectal probe.
Gel formulations within the Model 053S, 053L and 053L-EF are designed to minimize needle tracking and to provide imaging contrast under CT, MRI, ultrasound and elastography.
The prostate along with structures simulating the rectal wall, seminal vesicles and urethra is contained within an 11.5 x 7.0 x 9.5 cm clear acrylic container. A 3 mm simulated perineal membrane enables various probes and surgical tools to be inserted into the prostate. This phantom is an ideal training device for ultrasound guided cryosurgery, radioactive seed implantation, and needle biopsy.
The phantom is available with lesions (053L) and without lesions (053S) and can be ordered in either the standard side-fire configuration or an alternate geometry optimized for end-fire probes (053L-EF).
- Includes rectal wall, seminal vesicles, perineal membrane and urethra
- Train for ultrasound-guided cryosurgery, seed implantation and needle biopsy with one phantom
- Compatible with various probes and surgical tools
- Structures visible under CT, MRI, ultrasound and elastography
- Gel designed to minimize needle tracking