FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
900 Asbury Ave Norfolk, VA 23513
CIRS Releases MR Safe MRgRT Motion Management QA Phantom
Norfolk, Va. (April 22, 2019)— The integration of MR imaging in radiation therapy facilitates real time motion management. The CIRS MRgRT Motion Management QA phantom is designed to address such needs. The phantom is MR Safe due to piezoelectric motors and non-ferro-magnetic materials. The two piezoelectric motors move a cylindrical target insert. Rotation and linear motions are independently controlled enabling complex 3D target motions.
Features & Benefits
- Non-ferromagnetic materials => MR safe
- Shielded for RF interferences
- Allows for positioning within magnet bore due to piezoelectric motors
- Quick setup & quick indexing to couch
- Anthropomorphic Organs at Risk and moving target
- Can be imaged in MRI, CT, PET and hybrid systems Ion chamber dosimetry in Liver, Kidney, Spine and moving target
- Ion chamber dosimetry in Liver, Kidney, Spine and moving target
- 3D tissue equivalent Spine for bone landmark
- Motion controller sits outside MR vault. Controlled by a PC through 75 feet long Ethernet cable
- Two independently programmable motions for the moving target
- Import, edit, and save patient specific breathing waveforms in addition to built-in QA waveforms
- Calculate Beam latency for each breathing cycle and as an average of all executed cycles without the need of an external oscilloscope.
The MRgRT Motion Management phantom joins CIRS’ existing lineup of dynamic phantoms, which includes the Dynamic Thorax Phantom (Model 008A), Viewray Dynamic Phantom (Model 008V), Dynamic Cardiac Phantom (Model 008C) and Dynamic Platform (Model 008PL). Each of these products is operated using CIRS Motion Control Software.
The MRgRT Motion Management QA Phantom, will be available for demonstration at the ESTRO annual meeting, booth 3350, in Milan, Italy.
For more information about the MRgRT Motion Management QA Phantom, visit www.cirsinc.com.
CIRS, a Castleray company, is recognized worldwide for tissue simulation technology and is the leader in the manufacture of phantoms and simulators for quantitative densitometry, calibration, quality control and research in the field of medical imaging and radiotherapy. CIRS is headquartered in Norfolk, VA (USA) and distributes products worldwide.